LifLG says:
oodles (OO-duhlz) noun
lots and lots. See also umpteen.
I love books. I love libraries, book stores, and shelves. I love to read books and look at books and give books as gifts and share books and read books aloud. In college, as an Elementary Education major, I spent a lot of time talking and thinking about books and reading. I remembered how I had finished all of my own books as a child and then made my way through anything my mother had to read. Some titles I recalled reading in Junior High-the time when my desire to read surpassed my available material-were The Jerk (Remember the Steve Martin film?), Pilgrim's Progress (You should have seen the look on my senior English teacher's face!), and Reader's Digest Condensed Books, Volume 198. It was as I recalled those days that I pledged to ensure my children (and my students) would always have enough books to fulfill their reading needs and interests. Armed with resolution and a love of bargains, I started building my library. The 6x6 foot bookcase in our house is now home to over 200 titles for children, and that's not counting the 4 shelves of adolescent books in my classroom! I think it's safe to say the Wallace children will have oodles of books.
No comments:
Post a Comment