LifLG says:
cacophony (kuh-KOFF-uh-nee) noun
a horrible mixture of sounds, such as the mixture of a vacuum cleaner, a phone ringing, and a baby crying. It's the kind of din that makes grown-ups ask, "Can you keep it down to a dull roar?"
I'm not tall. I never have been. More often than not I have to reach up, stand on the tips of my toes, and climb on things to get stuff. I stand on furniture, I use whatever is handy to knock things down, I am resourceful. Sometimes things don't go smoothly. To add to my lack of height, I am clumsy. So, what happens when a klutzy, petite woman becomes eight months pregnant and reaches to the top of a cabinet to put plates away? Plastic bowls bounce off cabinets. Saucers crash against the microwave. Plates crunch against the counter and floor. Items in the way clatter against the stove. Said woman jumps back with a yelp and a thump. In short, cacophony.
No comments:
Post a Comment